Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cherry Pie Mini Scrapbook

cherry pie mini scrapbook
I found this most awesome mini in our flickr group yesterday that I just had to share. Stacey from the Oh Scrap! blog has created this cute cherry pie mini scrapbook with digital scrappy stuff, pipe cleaners and godd ol creativityness which i swear looks good enough to eat (especially that cherry on top - made with a wooden bead and a piece of scrap leather)

I asked Stacey if she could share a little about how she made her mini and what inspired her and this is what she had to say...

pie mini albumMy inspiration as always is my son. But the prompt 'Sweet' came from this great little contest blog called One Little Word. As soon as I saw the word sweet I thought of Sweet as Pie. Our (my family's) nickname is Pie... Piegirl, pieman and little baby pie :)

As soon as I thought of the idea the whole image appeared in my head - that I wanted to make the top of the pie a mini album and the base was just the pie plate. The base is a wooden box that I covered with the b/w pattern paper. I wanted to make the crust and the pipe cleaners just seem to work as it allowed it to be more flexible and added the bulk I needed. I have been blessed to have taken on my grandmother's thriftiness in making things out of unrelated items - so I am lucky that way. I also think living in a small town where you can't find all the craft supplies you want you must create your own.

Do you prefer making minis with digi kits to old fashioned papers? Would you make another?
digital mini scrapbookI usually don't used digital papers all that often as I do have soooo much paper from the years of shopping and not creating. But none fit the cherry theme that I wanted and I found the digital kits. THis way I was able to have all the elements I love (buttons, flowers etc...) without the bulk....Make another??? Depends.... not sure...

Thanks a bunch Stacey for sharing this truly creative mini. If you want to see more pictures of this mini album then hop over to Staceys Sweet As Pie Blog Post

3 comments:

Jamie Pyles said...

Wow! This is sooo cool! Thanks for stopping by my blog:) Now that you did, I have found your awesome little neck of cyber woods:):):)

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is simply adorable!

Lori said...

Wow, I love this! I have a similar shaped album and never would've thought to create a pie from it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...